Oct 31, 2011


Good to know! I've been mistaken all these years...

I didn't see too many gems out there tonight, which I'm guessing is because most centretown residents were more focused on the typical October 31 festivities. I'm sure there will be plenty of crap in next week's garbage, but for now it's being worn on people's bodies.

Here's what I discovered:


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

This a pretty charming and practical set of furniture. There's enough here to fill a small living room (or an unusual bathroom).


(O'Connor, north of Gilmour)

This lovely pair of TV's seems so natural amongst the leaves, it almost looks like they grew from the ground in this person's yard. I was tempted to break one open to grab a few seeds, but I don't really know enough about TV horticulture to attempt to grow one.

But seriously, I'm all in favour of divorcing your TV, though I'm pretty sure there's a less environmentally harmful method of doing so.


(Gilmour, west of Bank)

Hanging the chairs up on the boxspring seems like a good decision for minimizing the ground space this pile occupies, though I feel it could be optimized further. I'm sure the chairs would support that desk, and you could easily fit the mattress on top.

By the way, the chairs seemed to be in perfectly usable condition, aside from a few tears in the fabric. A bit of re-upholstery, and they'd be good as new. Putting a towel over it would probably work also.


(Rideau, west of Nelson)

Here's a nice box of gems. I believe this came from a nearby bookstore. I can't say much about the quality of the books, but as you can see, one of them is entitled "Through the 80's", which I think is a good sign.



They say a picture's worth 1000 words, but this one was only included to convey a four-word statement: There was another box.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment