Feb 6, 2012


Good evening!

This doesn't seem to be a great time of year for finding gems; most of what I saw out there consisted of aging trees and 3-dimensional TV sets (both of which seem to have fallen out of style).

Here are some of the more noteworthy piles:

(Maclaren, east of Cartier)

I get the sense that someone recently had their carpets replaced. I can't guarantee that these are in usable condition, or that they'll fit your room, but I would imagine they could be put to use for a project that may otherwise involve damaging your floor. It's a step above newspapers...


(Cooper, east of Metcalfe)

Once again, I make no guarantees about the functionality of the object here, though I imagine it has a neat-looking motor inside.


(Gilmour, east of Kent)

This chair was probably the nicest item I found all night (and as you can see, I had to extend my usual search radius to do so). I recommend viewing it in person, as the photo couldn't possibly capture its shimmering beauty. The light fixture on top looks kinda cool too.


(Gilmour, east of Bank)

I get the sense that this box was left open in order to make the contents freely available, though a passer-by was clearly not attentive enough to recognize this. Judging by the fast food bag left inside, littering was not the only poor decision that person made tonight.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

Speaking of poor decisions, I just wanted to post this as an example of a pile you'll probably want to stay away from; the bagged mattress is usually a good indication of bed bugs.

NOTE: If you haven't already done so, I recommend reading up on the preventative measures you can take to protect yourself from this recent epidemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment