Bus Transfer Sharing

Upon arriving at your destination, your bus transfer immediately loses value, though it may not be fully expired. It would arguably be more useful to someone else as a transit pass than it would be to you as a bookmark.

But how can we pass it on? If you're as socially awkward as I am, a face-to-face offering can lead to many subtle complications, and leaving it somewhere to be found can be equally complicated: If it's tucked away, it could easily be overlooked, but if it stands out, the OC Transpolice will be all over it.

Ideally, we want something that's invisible to OC Transpo employees and affiliates, but prominent for everyone else.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. P! You read my freakin' mind! I started doing this several months ago with high hopes that it would catch on. I'm no less socially awkward than most, but I just gave my transfer to anyone I saw with bus tickets in their hand. I really like the idea in the picture of simply sticking old tranfers in the schedule posts, but I will also brainstorm other semi-invisible ways of doing this.

    Nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I'm going to start planting those! Genevieve has expressed frustration many times that its not (yet) general practice to give away your bus transfer.

    ReplyDelete