Nov 30, 2009



Modern Technology
(Somerset, west of Cartier)

I'm not sure whether the circuitry belongs to the antiquated audio device or the antiquated data processing device. My hope is that it belongs to both, and that this is some kind of Frankenputer, which I'm sure was very impressive technology at the time (I'll be honest; I'm still impressed).

Lean Back
(Maclaren, east of Elgin)

The 'lowrider' trend has risen to prominence within many facets of our culture: Cars, bicycles... pants. It may surprise you to know that even living chairs were, at some point, not exempt from the fad. This is no doubt a remnant of that era.

The Mother Lode
(Maclaren, west of Elgin)

We hit the jackpot this time! After some investigation, I was able to unearth a frosted glass globe, a miniature metronome, some gross pizza pans, a generic trophy, a bookend from Lisgar Collegiate Institute of olde, and some very good books. Physics Made Simple, in particular, seems like a great read. Here's an excerpt...

Figure 9.7: World's fastest one-man band marches between two identical twins.

Go get it!


Addendum: (~3 AM) I went back to the gold mine because I couldn't get to sleep knowing that the modern bible on physics and a 'choose your own' trophy might end up in a landfill. To my surprise and delight, all of the described items, save the horrible rust pans, had been collected. Also, 'Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me' had been placed back in the trash bin in which it was found.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment