June 14, 2010


Hi!

As expected, I didn't find nearly as many notable piles this week. Have a close look at this stuff though; there were some diamonds in the rough...


(Maclaren, east of Metcalfe)

This does seem a bit anti-climactic after all the lovely furniture we saw last week, but I figured it was still worth posting. If you're not in need of a desk or cabinet, I'm sure you could throw them all together to make a pretty decent fort.


(Cooper, west of Elgin)

This may appear to be an ordinary pile of trash, but I urge you to have a closer look:

This is what happens when you play Guitar Hero and take the rockstar persona a bit too seriously. For the record, I don't think smashing instruments is ever a good idea, but it seems especially wasteful when the only crowd of cheering fans present is part of a game you'll no longer have any means of playing. The controller seems to be in at least 3 pieces, though I'm sure some of its functions could be salvaged.

This one still isn't all that clear, but it appears to be a thin layer of audio and data discs. I recognize Diablo in the upper-left corner, and the CD next to it seems like it could work as a sundial. The rest is a mystery to me, but I think the aforementioned items should be incentive enough for you to go check it out.


(Somerset, west of Driveway)

I wasn't sure at first whether this was part of a garbage pile or a yard sale. It's conceivable that it began as a yard sale and gradually evolved into a garbage pile. Seriously though, there was some really nice stuff in this lot. Here's another perspective:

The table on the left makes very little sense to me from this angle. I'm assuming it's either broken, or it was designed for an environment without any significant force of gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment