July 19, 2010


Hi!

Here's some crap I found.


(Somerset, east of Elgin)

Both of these chairs have small defects. They also aren't that nice to look at, but I still don't think they deserve to die quite yet. I think they're at least worthy of being used on a balcony or in a back yard, or wherever else furniture spends its retirement.


(Lisgar, west of Metcalfe)

Looks like another outdoor living room. The condition of these pieces seemed to range from atrocious to untarnished. A lot of it appeared to be totally practical, and I'm sure you can appreciate the geometry of several of these items, at the very least.


(Gilmour, east of Cartier)

I'd really like to see the structure this drawer was once part of. Judging by the handle, I'm sure it was very fancy and probably old. Wouldn't you like to own a piece of history?


(Lewis, west of O'Connor)

Hey, it's garbage night, not laundry night! Seriously though, there may be some gems in the pile, but my focus was on the table in front. It was initially leaning vertically, so I wanted to reposition it, but the top peeled off like a thick layer of wet cardboard. I would say it's for the best though: who would want a table with such a flimsy surface anyway?

The legs are solid wood, so if you were to throw something rigid and flat on top, I'm sure the table would be better than new.

No comments:

Post a Comment