Aug 16, 2010


Yo.

To be honest, I was expecting to see more treasure out there tonight, given the number of yard sales that went on this past weekend.

I was able to find some very unique and unusual items, though. To me, most of them seemed to be of low practical value, but I'll let you make that determination for yourself.


(Lewis, west of MacDonald)

Even if you're not impressed with the structural ingenuity that went into creating this, I'm sure you can appreciate it as kindling.

I also think it would make a lovely bedside table.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

An outdoor office. This would be a perfect setup for writing reviews at an outdoor music festival or teaching an Outdoor Ed class in a high school (or rather, out of a high school).


(Maclaren, west of MacDonald)

I'm pretty sure this is part of a giant Meccano set. The concept is clearly not unprecedented within the novelty industry.


(Maclaren, west of Driveway)

I think these may be lobster cages or something. They're pretty large though, so you could probably fit other things in there, like a small / medium child or some raccoons.


(Frank, west of Cartier)

I'm not sure if the tap is functional, but I figure a sink is pretty much just a large container that gets wet sometimes. Just like how an oven is just a big cupboard that gets really hot sometimes, and a fridge is an even bigger cupboard that's cold most of the time. Since it's on legs, this particular sink could even be interpreted as an end table with walls around the edges and a relatively small hole on the surface.

Think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment