Sept 20, 2010


I didn't find a lot of outstanding objects tonight, but in times like these, I try to appreciate the little things. Like the hardware or legs on a piece of furniture. Maybe I'll bring tools next time.


(Gilmour, west of Cartier)

Although these two wooden objects appear to have lived together, they seem to be separated by a few generations. I'm sure they had very little trouble relating with one another though, as the end table was clearly ahead of its time in terms of efficiency. While taking up very little room, it offers two surfaces, as well as slots on the sides for books or other thin objects. It also seems to have survived the test of time more gracefully than its neighbour.


(Lewis, west of O'Connor)

Sometimes all you need is one shelf. This one may be a little dirty, but it seemed to be in fine condition otherwise.

You might also interpret it as a very minimal ladder.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

This couch is fit for royalty. It's always a bit of a shame to see something so magnificent being neglected, though I think it would still be cool if this location became its permanent home.


(Maclaren, west of Elgin)

I'm not really sure how many drawers this desk contains. Based on what I see, I'd say it could be anywhere between 2 and 6, but you never know. Either way, I appreciate its geometry.


(Lisgar, west of Metcalfe)

Very interesting stuff here. I'm not quite sure what the front-most object was designed for, but it seems like it could be practical in several orientations: Standing upright (as pictured), it could serve as a very charming and mysterious set of corner shelves. On its side, it could be used to store 3 separate groups of things (solid or liquid).

Also, the end table on the left is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment