Sept 27, 2010


Hi!

If you've been collecting statistical data on Garbagems, then you've probably noticed that 3 out of the 4 Mondays in September have involved rainy evenings. In the interest of preserving gems, I think that the city of Ottawa should adopt the garage sale philosophy for scheduling waste collection (eg: Garbage night: Monday, Rain date: Tuesday). If you happen to be running for mayor, I hope you'll take this into consideration, as it'll win you my vote at the very least.

I found an abundance of noteworthy items tonight, so to keep the post size reasonable, I'll say very little about each one.


(MacDonald, South of Maclaren)

This is a white table.


(Gilmour, east of Cartier)

The TV has been sitting here for a few weeks (either that or someone's been throwing away a lot of TV's), but the dresser is fresh; I believe it just appeared this evening, and it seems to be a very solid piece of furniture.


(Maclaren, east of Cartier)

The telephone table in front has one loose leg and it's currently a bit wet, but you could totally fix it. It's entourage did not seem as promising.


(Somerset, west of Driveway)

These seem to be high-quality pots. They were also a little wet, but don't worry; I've heard that plants like water.


(Maclaren, east of Metcalfe)

I'm not sure what the large pink object is, but it seems interesting. Behind it were some cushions and other objects I wasn't sure about. Very mysterious.


(Maclaren, west of Elgin)

It looks like someone may have been camping here. I normally pack a change of clothes when camping, but a whole dresser seems excessive. (I also normally bring a lampshade)


(Gilmour, west of MacDonald)

These chairs did not seem to have any visible defects. I can say with confidence that they're durable enough to support a shelf.


(Gilmour, east of Metcalfe)

These appear to be regulation-size black boards. I didn't have my chalk on me, so I couldn't verify that chalk could be erased from the surfaces, but I'm sure you could at least write on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment