Jan 10, 2011


Good Evening,

Tonight's treasure hunt was particularly interesting, as the sidewalks were littered with discarded evergreens. If you weren't familiar with our year-end traditions in the west, you might just think the city had fallen victim to rampant urban deforestation.

Speaking of deforestation, I also noticed a bunch of phone books in the black boxes. Some were even 2011 phone books, but I didn't bother photographing any (I figured since you're currently looking at a website, you probably have Internet access and thus have no need for such primitive and inefficient technology).


(Somerset, west of Cartier)

I'm sure these rugs don't seem all that exciting to you. Indeed, they're nothing special, but from what I could see, they don't appear to have outlived their usefulness. They also look pretty long.


(MacDonald, north of Gilmour)

As you can see, this mirror is missing a piece at the bottom, but it appeared to be fully functional otherwise (It's hard for me to tell, since I'm part vampire and thus have no reflection). At the very least, you could finish the job and use the glass fragments to make a mosaic... or inflict wounds.


(Somerset, west of Cartier)

I'm not really sure what to say about this one; I posted it mostly because it struck me as being unusual to the point of amusement. It's as though the broken fan is being consoled by the rocking chair. A pretty nice rocking chair, no less.


(Maclaren, west of MacDonald)

What a lovely dinette set; doesn't it just brighten up the parking garage?


(Gilmour, west of Cartier)

This washing maching boasts an elegant modernity, the likes of which I had only ever witnessed in Sears catalogues. By now I'm sure you're wondering how such a precious gem wound up in a trash heap. This helpful note sums it up nicely:


I love it when they leave a note!

No comments:

Post a Comment