Jan 24, 2011


Good evening!

There was some pretty interesting stuff tonight. Get bundled if you decide to have a look for yourself, though; it's stupid how cold it is out there.


(Gilmour, east of Cartier)

That's a lot of paper! For my younger readers, this is what information used to look like before the internet was invented.

I went through a few of the bins in the hope of establishing some kind of pattern, but it appears to be quite a hodgepodge of reading material.


(Lisgar, west of Metcalfe)

This seems like kind of a strange place for an office. The view isn't bad, but I would have some issues with the climate if I were working here. To be more specific, I think my face would fall off.


(Gilmour, west of MacDonald)

I think most of this is a DVD player, but I'm not really sure what the white objects on top are. If you're particularly tech-savvy, feel free to check it out and let me know!


(Maclaren, west of Cartier)

This armchair is alarmingly charming. I'd like to say more about it, but I can't think of any other adjectives containing the word 'arm' (except for smarmy, but that's hardly an appropriate descriptor for such a lovely and sincere piece of furniture).


(Lewis, west of MacDonald)

This thing looks like it was once used to carry groceries. It appeared to be in working order, just a little dirty on the front. Maybe the owner just ran out of garbage bags and had to use this instead.


(Maclaren, west of O'Connor)

If you live in Ottawa and have access to a window, you're probably capable of meeting your refrigeration needs, but anyway, here's a fridge. In case you can't read it, a message has been written on the front. On top, it says 'FREE' (which I think is implied, given the circumstances), and just below that, 'WORKING' (which is good to know; don't you just hate it when you carry a fridge all the way home just to find out it's broken?).

1 comment:

  1. That armchair is alarmingly charming indeed, one could almost say .... "disarming" :P

    *faintly audible groan*

    But f'serios, I was scared.

    ReplyDelete