April 11, 2011


Hello!

Having gained recent access to a bicycle (as well as the good fortune of somewhat bicycle-friendly weather), I was able to enlarge my search radius for tonight's treasure hunt. As a result, I found a lot more crap! Of course, since I know you have high standards, I've selected only the very best of these gems. In fact, the last item is quite possibly the greatest gem of all time. Check it out!


(Maclaren, west of Metcalfe)

This is some interesting stuff. Many of the components appear to have been part of some kind of futon, though I'm not sure how / if they all fit together. You could think of it as a very large and challenging puzzle. Good luck with that!


(Lewis, west of O'Connor)

These look like pretty nice speakers, but judging by their current location, I would assume they're no longer functional. On the other hand, I would imagine it couldn't be more than a relatively simple wiring issue, so if you're proficient with that kinda stuff, they're probably as good as new.

There was also a fairly nice looking pair of boots in the garbage bin, but judging by their current location, I assumed you weren't interested.


(Waverley, east of MacDonald)

I'll be honest; I know nothing about hockey, so I can't really say anything about the condition or value of this stick. Though I'm sure it could still serve some purpose, either way.

You may also have noticed the considerate note on top of the shelves. Here's a closer look:



A great example of direct communication. I'm not sure if this was referring to the hockey stick or the shelves, but I think it's safe to assume that they're both freely available.


(Gilmour, west of O'Connor)

I'm sure the first thing you noticed was the adorned slot-box on the right. I'm guessing this was used in a wedding ceremony or something of that nature, but I'm sure it could also be used as an extra fancy cover / weight for tissue boxes.

There's also a projector stand lying a bit to the left, which is probably at least as valuable as the box thing.


(Somerset, east of O'Connor)

Who knew there were so many ways to store tapes*!

*Note: 'Tape', in this context, refers to an ancient artifact formally referred to as an audio cassette. Such items were once used to store audio data which could be played back using a cassette player, or 'Walkman'. They were primarily used for amateur compilations known as 'mixtapes', which were commonly given as gifts, as a demonstration of one's affection.


As you may have already guessed, I spent some time arranging these storage devices in a way that displayed all the moving parts. Little did I know that just metres away, the greatest Garbagem of all time awaited my discovery. It turned out to be a gem so precious that the moment I laid eyes upon it, all of my weeks of treasure hunting efforts were instantly rewarded. This was, without a doubt, the greatest treasure I have ever had the privilege of photographing...


(Also Somerset, east of O'Connor)

The mother lode.

I'm sure thousands of dollars went towards building this impressive collection of mathematical information. And these were just the best-looking ones; in a nearby box, there were more books, as well as some binders and folders containing a wealth of math knowledge.

I hope you're as excited about this as I was.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not quite as excited as you, but I can feel your excitement, through analogy. If those books were poetry, literature, marketing, philosophy, etc. then I would be JACKED! Congrats on the find girl.

    ReplyDelete