April 18, 2011


Hello and welcome!

I know I set the bar high last week, so I'll warn you right away not to get your hopes up; I didn't find any math books this time. There were some pretty interesting gems at the end, though. Have a look!


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

Two tables for the price of zero! The white table must at least be in somewhat good condition, as it's currently supporting the other table, in addition to its own weight, on only two legs. As for the card table, I couldn't really tell what kind of state it was in, but either way, I think we can all appreciate a table that's also a transformer.


(Waverley, east of MacDonald)

As you can tell from the expert repair job performed on the black box, this ladder was previously owned by someone who clearly appreciates quality craftsmanship. But for realsies, there's something very alluring about a wooden ladder. If some part of it turns out to be broken, I'm sure you could just nail it back together. You can't say that about metal!


(Somerset, east of Cartier)

At first glance, I had assumed this was a bench, but upon further inspection, it looks more like a wine rack (notice how the grooves on the far side are smaller, evidently designed to accommodate the neck of the bottle). I suppose it could be both a bench and a wine rack, in which case it's appropriately located for those who tend to drink to the point of not being able to stand.

Also, sorry about the white stains on top; I hadn't detected those prior to activating the flash. However, one of the nicest things about wood is that it can always be sanded down and refinished, no matter how dirty the surface gets. You can't say that about plastic!


(Robert, south of Lewis)

These boxes were both full of charming items. I was thinking of taking some of them, but I couldn't tell if they were free. If only it had been more clearly indicated...

Here's an aerial perspective, to give you a better sense of the gems within:



Elegant and practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment