April 4, 2011


Good evening,

Normally Monday nights following the end of a month are the most fruitful times for garbagems. Tonight, unfortunately, was a notable exception. There were so few gems around that I was almost ready to post photos of a broken toilet and a pile of filthy shoes. I ended up finding a few items which seemed more valuable, but only slightly...


(Cooper, west of Metcalfe)

It took a while to figure out exactly what all this stuff is. At first, I had assumed it was some kind of deconstructed wooden cannon. Upon closer inspection, however, it seems more likely that most of the components came from a freestanding basketball hoop. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed to find that out.


(Cooper, west of Elgin)

I've heard that a glass table-top is appropriate for a small room, as it gives the illusion of a larger space. This table is also very small, so I would imagine the effect would be amplified. The couch next to it seems to compliment the table's geometry quite nicely, but it's pretty gross.


(Metcalfe, south of Lisgar)

I'm really not sure what this large wooden frame was used for, but its monolithic proportions made it impossible to ignore. It seems likely that it was used a bed frame, or perhaps as a bed, depending on how hardcore the former owner was.

As you can see, there are also some other items lying around, though I'm sure they're all fairly self-explanatory.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

This chair seems reasonably elegant and comfortable, but it was also somewhat inconsiderate, as it refused to turn around to be included in a group photo. As a result, I had to shoot this one at a bit of an awkward angle, and it failed to faithfully portray all the gems in the pile. Here's another perspective:


From what I understand, our ancestors used to call this thing a 'bread box'. I guess kitchen storage technology was much more specialized in ancient times. Also, legend has it that such relics were once used as a benchmark for approximating volume. Seems impractical.

No comments:

Post a Comment