May 2, 2011


Happy Election Day!

As to be expected from the first garbage night of the month, there was a whole lot of furniture. I didn't post most of it, especially the piles which included a mattress and / or had been rained on (for fear of bugs). There really weren't as many gems as I would have expected, given the volume of students moving out around this time of year, but anyway, here's what I found:


(Gilmour, east of Cartier)

Most of the stuff here looked fairly unappealing, but I couldn't resist posting the psychedelic snowboard. There was also a box of wet clothes, and what appears to be the frame of an end table, no doubt made of solid gold.


(Cooper, west of Elgin)

When inspecting a garbage pile, I often rearrange some of the items in such a way that the gems are more clearly displayed (they tend to sell better that way). In this case, these practical kitchen items were already beautifully presented when I arrived. However, this may not have been exactly how I would have chosen to arrange the pile; Although I wasn't able to provide a clear view, the real gem here was the executive chair in the background. The photo gives the impression that it's fully upholstered in leather, but it's actually sporting a shocking plaid fabric on the front. Worth a look!


(Cooper, east of Metcalfe)

I wonder if one of the tenants here just decided to quit TV. The one in the centre looks particularly appealing, but maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic, reminiscing on the days when TV's were 3-dimensional (not to be confused with modern TV's which display 3-dimensional images).


(Maclaren, east of Cartier)

As I mentioned previously, there was a great deal of furniture out there this evening. By now you may be wondering what you would even do with all these items. If you're feeling overwhelmed, I have a solution for you...


(Lisgar, west of Metcalfe)

I wonder what compelled this homeowner to part with such an extensive collection of this magazine. It's possible that they received the subscription as an unwanted gift, or perhaps they've finished reading / memorizing all these issues. Maybe they simply decided there wasn't any room for "This Old House" in their old house. Either way, you can reap the benefits if you have any interest in renovating / decorating / whatever this magazine is about. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment