June 20, 2011


Hello!

I apologize for the lack of an update last week; a rainy Monday night during exam season never bodes well for Garbagems. Anyway, there seems to be enough crap here tonight to make up for it. Enjoy!


(Gilmour, east of Elgin)

Nothing particularly outstanding in this pile, though the plant pot is worth mentioning. Although the TV looks like it was once a high-end model, you're probably still not too impressed. I'm sure you've seen thousands of TV's like this in the garbage, but have you ever seen what they look like on the inside!?


(Gilmour, east of Cartier)

Now you know.


(Cartier, south of Gilmour)

What an incredible pile! Judging by the age and condition of these items, I'm guessing a nearby resident recently completed a very thorough clean-up of their basement. Normally when I see a pile this size, I tend to worry about bugs, but I would imagine this one is relatively safe for two reasons:

1. There does not appear to be a mattress in the pile, and

2. There's a sign on the other side which clearly states 'FREE STUFF'. Have a look:


Nice stuff! This end of the pile was more heavily focused on athletic equipment, though there were also many computer parts.

Here's another highlight:


I'm always excited to see a box like this, full of books and / or magazines. Unfortunately, the subject matter here seemed focused on cars and golf. The bright side is that I won't feel as bad about seeing these thrown out, as there doesn't seem to be much meaningful information going to waste.


(Maclaren, west of MacDonald)

As you can see, this is a beautiful and inspirational image of some birds in clouds. What you probably didn't notice is the fact that the surface is mostly mirror, so it's actually more like a picture of birds flying around some clouds and your face.


(O'Connor, north of Gilmour)

I'm not exactly sure what this device is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a water cooler from a space ship. I'll bet they replaced it with a replicator...


(Lisgar, west of Metcalfe)

While this wasn't placed next to a pile of trash, it was placed in a location where I normally see piles of trash on Monday nights, so it's probably safe to assume it's a garbagem. I didn't see a note attached, though if I had, I would imagine it would read like this:

"Dear treasure hunter,

This vase broke into two pieces, and is therefore beyond repair. Feel free to take it if you want, but please be advised that it is now incapable of serving any purpose. Thanks for taking the time to read this note.

Sincerely,
Someone who has never heard of glue"

1 comment: