Aug 29, 2011


Oh hi!

I hope you've been having a wonderful summer. This will be my last update before the start of the academic year, so for here's my recommendation for any students moving into residence: Keep an eye on the garbage piles for furnishings, but watch out for bed bugs! (As a general rule, stay clear of any piles which include a mattress)

Here's some fairly interesting stuff:


(Lewis, east of Cartier)

If you require any planter pots, here's a pile containing every possible size. I don't know how clean these are, but I don't think that's usually a huge concern for an object designed to be filled with dirt.


(Maclaren, east of MacDonald)

These may not be the most practical objects, but I feel they hold a certain aesthetic appeal. The octagon, while not nearly as magnificent as its cousin the hexagon, is still quite a pleasant shape, and I'm sure the old window in the back would have its uses. For example, it could be used as a window, or maybe a particularly avant-garde picture frame.


(Cooper, west of Elgin)

I realize that this table may not be complete, but it's a good start. In fairness, it's usually easier to find a flat rectangular object than a set of legs.


(Somerset, east of O'Connor)

At first, I was shocked to find out that someone was throwing away a Monopoly board. Then I was shocked to find out that there's a Canadian Monopoly. There's also a box of mugs, and a box of VHS tapes below that. I'm sure both sets of objects have contained some interesting things.

Also, there's a dead plant and some pots (in case Lewis / Cartier is too far to walk).


(Lisgar, west of Metcalfe)

Here's a lovely credenza. I feel like there's always some charming mid-century furniture in this location. And yes; I was being abducted by aliens as I took this photo.

Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment