Sept 19, 2011


Hello!

As you can see, I've returned for a long overdue update. I generally abide by a 'better late than never' policy, so I hope you subscribe to the same philosophy. Otherwise, I hope you'll forgive my lack of recent activity; the beginning of the academic year is always a very busy time.

In terms of gems, there wasn't much out there tonight, and unsurprisingly, it was all a bit wet from the rain. I was able to find some decent-looking chairs, but that was about it. I'll show you the photos in a moment, but I'd first like to tell you about an upcoming feature on Garbagems...

As you may know, one of the greatest risks associated with treasure hunting (aka garbage shopping) is the possibility of collecting an item containing bed bugs. I recently had a chance to speak with a bed bug expert, about how to identify, prevent, and deal with an infestation of these little vampires. I'll be summarizing the discussion in a series of brief articles, to be posted within the next few weeks, so keep an eye on the 'Related' tab.

Anyway, here are the chairs. Thanks for your patience!


(Maclaren, east of Cartier)

There a rip on the seat of the chair on the left, but the one on the right seemed to be in great condition. As you can see, these chairs boast a unique design, and they look like they'd be comfortable to sit in if they weren't covered in water.

Also, don't miss out on the free diaper dispenser! The note attached specifically referred to it as a baby diaper dispenser, but I suspect it would work just as well with adult diapers.


(Somerset, west of MacDonald)

The one in front is definitely the nicest chair in this photo. I don't know about you, but I don't think there's anything more comfortable than a butt-groove.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

I know this isn't in the greatest condition, but with its modern design made from primitive materials, I felt compelled to post this paradox of a chair. It seems like the sort of seat Captain Jean-Luc Picard might have sat in if he had been born several centuries earlier, and if he wasn't fictional.


Enjoy, and have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment