Jan 17, 2011


Hi!

Sorry about the late post; I have a lot of great trash to show you tonight. And on that note, I won't waste any more of your time with this mindless chit-chat.


(Maclaren, east of Cartier)

If you're a regular Garbagems subscriber, you've probably noticed that this is a popular spot for some serious gems. As you can see, tonight is a bit of an exception. In fairness, there was a pretty sweet looking scratching post / cat tower, but it appears to be mostly obscured by the pile of mattresses.


(Cooper, east of Metcalfe)

I think you'll agree that this chair is both practical and fashionable. The only evident flaw is the worn fabric on the arms, though I'm sure it would be easily fixed. You could choose any solution on the spectrum of elegance, ranging from reupholstery to duct-taping.


(Gilmour, east of Hartington)

Normally I'd make a tasteless joke about transplanting the cart wheels onto the bike frame, but this kind of bicycle abuse simply isn't a laughing matter. Even if it's not fully salvageable, I'm sure many of the components are still in working order, and there are shops that'll gladly take the donation.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

These pillows are pretty wild; it's not every day you see a pillow in the shape of a rectangular prism! The fabric is a bit unusual too, I guess.


(O'Connor, south of Somerset)

Here's a very impressive collection of modern antiques. I seem to remember seeing a pile like this a while ago, but it wasn't nearly this vast. Once again, I didn't find any Super Nintendos, but I was quite amazed at the variety of devices available. As usual, I'd recommend having a look for yourself, but I noticed, among other things, a microwave, some printers, fax machines, various alarm clock radios, DVD drives, a TV, and 3 VCR-looking machines simply labelled MULTI SYSTEM. Judging by the name, my guess is that they can do anything, so this may be a modern analogue of the classic 3-wish genie lamp paradigm. Seize the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment