May 30, 2011


Good evening!

You'll notice some of the gems tonight are located in less conventional areas. They seem legit, but proceed at your own risk...


(O'Connor, south of Cooper)

I had to stop here to get a shot of this unusual table, and just after arriving, I found another box of books. I strongly recommend having a look, as there were some pretty diverse titles (Math, Physics, Economics, History, Education, etc), and a lot of them seemed really old.


(Cooper, west of Elgin)

If you were born after 1990, you probably don't have any need for a stroller or a desktop computer. If, on the other hand, you are curious about the contents of this computer's hard drive and are wondering how to transport it home, I have a great idea for you...


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

I hate seeing a bicycle being thrown out just because it's missing a few components. On the other hand, as the sign indicates, this appears to be located on private property (the entrance of a parking lot), so maybe the owner just decided to take a risk and park it in a garbage pile, without a lock.

As you can see, there's also a pretty nice looking plant stand.


(Lisgar, east of O'Connor)

This one is really outside-the-box (or I guess inside-the-box would be more appropriate in this case, but the point is that it's different from the norm). This pile of gear is only separated from the outside world by an unlocked door; I can't imagine whoever left it here had the intention of keeping any of it. But as I implied earlier, it does seem like a bit of a grey area, so proceed at your own risk.


(Somerset, west of Cartier)

This is a very nice looking desk! It seemed to be quite large, and in very good condition. You can have a closer look at the note in the photo below, but I should also mention the pallets on the left. As discussed in the brief article I posted last week, these things can be very useful!

Here's what the note says:


How considerate. I'm guessing they didn't leave this for the sanitation engineers, which means they're expecting you to come pick this up. Don't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment