June 27, 2011


Good evening!

I hope you're enjoying the construction season as much as I am. It looks like tonight's Garbagems will be a quality over quantity affair, as I wasn't able to find too many remarkable piles, but the ones I did find were very impressive. Have a look!


(Maclaren, west of Metcalfe)

It must be near the end of the month or something, because that's a lot of furniture! At first I thought someone might have been in the process of moving into a nearby apartment and decided to take a break, but I don't think they would have left all this nice stuff lying around unattended for so long.

It was all packed together pretty efficiently, so it may not all be visible, but here's another view:


Most of the stuff speaks for itself, but I should mention that the small set of shelves lying on the couch looked particularly solid.


(Cartier, south of Gilmour)

I was quite intrigued by this group of objects. I don't think I've ever seen a pair of skis without pointed tips, and it's definitely been a while since I've seen a box of audio cassettes. I would probably have a lot of questions for the former owner of this stuff, but one thing is made very clear in this image: tapes are fragile, and so are clay pots.

Here's another excerpt:


I'm not sure if this was left over from last week's epic pile, but there seemed to be interesting objects available either way. As usual, you can click the image for a larger view.


(O'Connor, south of Maclaren)

This plant doesn't look dead. Also, I've heard that pots can be reused, so it may be safe to assume that the donor of this potted plant has retired from horticulture.


(Cooper, east of Elgin)

This has to be the coolest ironing board I've seen in the garbage (and I've seen a lot of them)! I may even go as far as saying that it's the coolest ironing board I've seen anywhere. I don't think it would be too difficult to recover the surface if you wanted to make it suitable for ironing; or you could even get creative and use it as an innovative coffee table, though I think it looks like a piece of art in its current state.

Inspirational.

1 comment:

  1. I shall try again...I have no idea how to operate my newly aquired computer....So as I was saying before being disrupted....Once Again a very wonderful GARBAGEMS. My only concern was your reference to the skis with no up turns...if you will notice the ski harnes are somewhat different that yours.....these are slippers from My Land old and far away

    ReplyDelete